I just realized it’s been almost two months since I last updated this blog. I guess you could say I’ve been a bit busy lately…
– shooting several sporting events for SacramentoPress.com
– teaching photography classes at Learning Exchange
– working on a large commercial project that includes photography, design and press-printing the final product
– performing serious engine repair on my little beater truck.
The image at the top is a popular shot in sport-shooting. It was inspired by an iconic baseball photo (wish I could find it!) When I enlarge the high-resolution image, I can see the logo on the baseball in nice detail.
This photo is a combination of preparation and luck. The technical info:
- Camera: Canon 7D in manual exposure mode
- Lens: Canon 70-200L f2.8 – manual focus
- ISO 400
- Shutter speed: 1/6400 second
- Aperture: f/2.8
I manually pre-focused on a spot midway between the pitcher’s mound and home plate, put the shutter on continuous release (8 frames per second) and made several attempts. This image was the best one of the bunch.
– + –